Quadrant

Men's fashion 728 by 90

Friday 7 June 2013

BOLT Stumble's In Rome


"I need two months to get ready so I am not worried," USAIN BOLT told reporters,  after he suffered a shock defeat last night when he was beaten over 100m by former drug cheat Justin Gatlin.

The Olympic champion and world record-holder got out of the blocks well at the Diamond League meeting in Rome but then stumbled with Gatlin, who won bronze at London 2012, surging past him to win in 9.94secs.

Bolt, who finished behind him in 9.95secs looked visibly shocked in his first race in Europe this year.

It was his first defeat since the Jamaican trials in June last year when he was beaten by training partner Yohan Blake — only to come back and win Olympic gold weeks later.

And the 26 year-old, who is aiming to win back his world 100m title from Blake in Moscow in August, admitted: “I was all over the place. I wanted to get a good start and was pleased with that but then five steps in I stumbled.

"It was just one of those things.

“It just wasn’t me but it’s about time getting things back together this season.

“I knew I wasn’t in great shape and I’m not motivated like I used to be but I’ve got two months to get ready. If anything it’s a good thing to lose so early in the season because I can now figure things out.”

His defeat came just hours after he provoked the wrath of former Manchester City star Mario Balotelli by claiming in an interview in Italy that: “Balotelli is a great football player, although perhaps a little too aggressive for my tastes.

TheSun

1 comment:

  1. i think Bolt will still win in August! this is just a preamble! Bolt is still d man

    ReplyDelete

hotel-and-travel-300x250
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...