Quadrant

Men's fashion 728 by 90

Monday 30 September 2013

50 Years Old Man Asked To Provide ID Before He Can Buy Alcohol At Local Morrison's Store

A father-of-three Charles Brown was asked to prove he was old enough to buy alcohol by a female cashier at a local Morrison's store.

Mr Brown, whose oldest child is 30, thought she was joking but when he told her his age she still was not convinced.

She called a manager who also insisted on seeing some ID after Mr Brown told her his age.
Morrison’s has a policy of challenging customers to prove they are over the age of 25 before they are allowed to buy alcohol.

After some convincing, forklift driver Mr Brown managed to walk out of the store with his bottle of Grant’s.

He said: 'I’m 50 and I can take it as a compliment but it has gone too far. I know I don’t look 50 but I don’t look 24.

'I’ve got a daughter at 30, a son at 28 and my youngest at 17.
'Fair enough I’m slim built, I’m tallish and the way I dress is quite casual, a younger person’s trend sort of thing, but that shouldn’t put me at the age of 24.'

Mr Brown, from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, said people normally guess he is 15 years younger than his real age.

He said: 'My dad didn’t look his age and my mum died relatively young and out of my six siblings I am the oldest, but I’ve been told I look the youngest.


'Once I went out and somebody asked my daughter if I was her boyfriend and she said "Don’t be silly - it’s my dad".

'I’ve been on holiday with my wife and other people have thought I was my wife’s toyboy.'
A Morrison’s spokesman said: 'We are required by law to police the sale of alcohol and take our responsibility very seriously.

'As part of this, we have adopted Challenge 25, a policy of asking for identification from anyone who doesn’t look over the age of 25.

'We hope Mr Brown took the request as a compliment as he must look very young for his age.'
While it is legal in the UK for anyone over 18 to purchase alcohol many retailers follow the Challenge 25 protocol.

Challenge 25 encourages anyone who is over 18 but looks under 25 to carry acceptable ID when they want to buy alcohol.

Mr Brown has three children - Natasha, 30, Ethan, 28, and Evont’e, 17. He is married to midwife Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel-and-travel-300x250
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...