Quadrant

Men's fashion 728 by 90

Thursday 10 April 2014

Brandy, Reunites After 20 Years

Its been 20 years since Brandy released her first music single, “I Wanna Be Down,” followed by its remix with Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, and Yo-Yo. Brandy couldn't believe it when she was surprised by a reunion with the female rappers on yesterday’s airing of The Queen Latifah Show.

Before her reunion, the 35-year-old Brandy recalled how she felt about working on the remix with the ladies of hip hop: “That was my first time meeting Queen, MC Lyte, and Yo-Yo and I was having a groupie moment. I was like ‘oh my God, oh my God’ it was a lot and they were looking at me like ‘little kid...’. But it was… thank you guys so much because that just took it to another level.”
                  

After MC Lyte and Yo-Yo took the couch beside Brandy, all four ladies were able to recollect how working on the project brought out a sense of anxiety to step up their rap game with both Queen Latifah and Yo-Yo admitting that they constantly re-wrote their lyrics once they learned they were all going to be featured. As for Brandy?

“I didn’t know what y’all were saying then. But I was so happy that y’all were on the song, that I was like ‘I don’t care, let’s do this!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel-and-travel-300x250
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...